Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oriental Vinaigrette

So, I actually picked this up from my brother a while back, and I like the flavor and all that. It's a good solid salad dressing that's easy to make, and the ingredients are pretty straightforward and easy to come by. At least they were back home at my parents' place. I'm sure you can find them anywhere though.

Ingredients:

soy sauce
rice vinegar
sugar
oil

Prep instructions:

Mix the ingredients together measuring until you get desired taste, then serve over salad.

Super easy, as salad dressings often are and ought to be. So some people like my brother prefer it a little sweeter, I like it a little on the more sour side. So according to how you like it you should adjust how much sugar and vinegar you put in. For oil, use normal cooking oil (i.e. vegetable oil, canola oil, peanut oil, etc...) because olive oil has a very distinct taste that doesn't mix well with the soy sauce. I recommend doing it in an old jar of some sort, so that if ever you want some you just shake it up.

No comments: