Saturday, May 29, 2010

Spicy Braised Lamb Noodle Soup


Spicy Braised Lamb Noodle Soup, originally uploaded by jaceman4.
Yay! Alright we got pictures for this now. Anyways, here is the scoop. I have a general recipe, from my dad, for a beef version of this. I modified it a little. Generally, the braise stock uses daikon and carrots, I decided that was a little much of a hassle for me personally, so I went with napa cabbage and dried tofu. Additionally, I saw that they made a lamb version, so I went with that.

Ingredients:
Lamb/Beef (I used shank)
Napa cabbage
Dried Tofu
Soy Sauce
Beef Stock (I used Better Than Boullion)
Water
Star Anise
Noodles
Spicy sauce (topan sauce works)

1.) Sear the meat so that the blood doesn't come out in the braising (on the side boil the noodles)

2.) Add soy sauce, water (about 1:1 ratio), cabbage, tofu, meat, spicy topan sauce (though I have a Schezuan paste that works), and star anise then braise for about an hour (or two)

3.) Make stock

4.) To serve mix beef stock and braise stock with noodles

There you have it, that's the general gist. If you are using spicy topan sauce, it's general practice to quickly stir-fry the sauce first. Yay.

No comments: