Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fried Chicken Goodness

Hello everyone, I am not dead. No I am not. Sorry for the lack of posts here lately, well, more than just lately, like in, forever, or something along those lines. Anyways, I haven't really had the opportunity to come up with a lot of new stuff, but there's a couple of things that I discovered (or rather heard about) lately (and tried) and decided I wanted to share with all of you. Firstly, is this tip on frying chicken that I got from my friend. I have tried and verified this, the results are quite tasty. Oftentimes when chicken is fried it gets a little tough because you want to make sure it's cooked, and sometimes the insides get a little dried up. Therefore, to remedy this, it is recommended that the chicken be soaked in buttermilk, at least overnight. Then just batter straight from the buttermilk, no need to add egg to the chicken. It works quite well, the chicken ends up very moist and tender, while retaining the fried goodness. My next experiment would probably be to try it with katsu or something.

No comments: