Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ray Choi's Enchiladas

I have never had the honor of meeting Ray Choi, but I would like to thank him for whatever contributions he has made to the culinary world by providing this enchilada recipe. I hear various stories about proper attribution of this enchilada recipe, but I'll leave that for another time and another place, here we care about the food. Honestly, this is a very straightforward recipe in terms of prep, and I've actually heard it dubbed, "the best enchiladas ever". So after hearing so, I feel compelled to share the wonder of it with everyone else.

Ingredients:

1 bundle of scallions
1 onion
1 tub of sour cream
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 can of jalepenos
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 can of enchilada sauce
Mexican cheese
tortilla rolls (I like to use the soft taco sized ones)

1.) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F

2.) Boil the chicken breast

3.) Chop (dice) the onions and green onions

4.) In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sour cream, cream of chicken, jalepenos, and some cheese

5.) Once the chicken is cooked cut it into bite sized pieces and mix into the mix you started previously

6.) Roll in the tortilla rolls, and place into a large greased roasting tray, you might need more than one (roasting tray)

7.) After you have filled the tray, use the remaining filling to cover the enchiladas

8.) Put a coat of cheese over everything

9.) Pour in the can of enchilada sauce

10.) Cover with foil and put in oven to bake for 45 minutes

11.) Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes

So the original recipe calls for use of a can of olives, of course, I don't like olives so I didn't put them in. Additionally, the jalepenos can be optional, as they can get to be very spicy, you might not want to use too large of a can or opt out of them completely. Finally, I usually get the red, mild enchilada sauce, but again, I leave it to your discretion. Enjoy!

1 comment:

GnachSanoj said...

As another note, you can used chopped chiles, which are milder, in place of the jalepenos.